Saturday, July 30, 2011

I almost have a dress

I made tons of progress! I finished the bodice, broke my sewing machine, briefly thought I was going to have to pay too much money to have it fixed, used the internet to figure out what was wrong and fixed it, and then sewed everything together! I have to put the zipper in and hem the bottom. I will also be messing with the elastic and hopefully not destroying the bodice. This pattern just isn't up to dealing with my boobs! After adjusting the gathered section so it fit the skirt, it became apparent that the elastic was too long, so it needs to be shortened. Then, I will have a dress! And there will be pictures of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

reminds me of bridesmaid's dress fitting :)

Robyn

Unknown said...

hahaha the look on the sales girl's face was priceless