Sunday, October 21, 2007

News

I've taken up a new hobby - origami! It's pretty relaxing, not as much as knitting, but I'm having a good time with it.

It's starting to get cold, so my next project once the newness of origami wears off is a pair of convertible glove/mitten thingies. I made a pair from this pattern last year and it's a good pattern, but the yarn I used, Wool-Ease, sucks. The yarn started to pile before I even finished the gloves, and after a week of wear they looked terrible. I'm using more of my Knit Picks Palette, with stripes of the various shades of gray. On the first pair, I didn't use the chart and don't plan to on the second one. I might find something in one of my Vogue Knitting books, we'll see how fast I start working on them.

A new yarn store opened up in Fargo! I've gathered that it's a leetle expensive, and we all know how I feel about expensive yarn, but I would still like to go. They had their grand opening on Thursday night and I fully planned to attend, but then it slipped my mind and by the time I remembered, I was immersed in God of War and had a couple of Bacardi Limons under my belt.

No comments: