Friday, February 1, 2008

Yarn and Cheesecake

It's been a while! I'm back. I got my new yarn in due course .... the yarn for the purse looks awful together, so I'll have to make something else with it. The beautiful green yarn is currently being made into a wimple, just because I hate trying to keep track of a stocking cap when I'm temporarily somewhere that I don't need to wear one, such as the grocery store. I'm not quite halfway done with it.

In other news, I'm on a quest to lose some weight. My friend Amanda, who has lost 30 pounds in the past 6 months, gave me a spreadsheet she made up that is loosely based on Weight Watchers' point system (Amanda is nearly finished with a Ph.D. in Mathematics, btw). I also signed up at thedailyplate.com, which is a pretty spiffy little site. It has pretty much every food that you could think of, and all of the nutrition information for it. The coolest part, though, is the feature where you can enter in a recipe, ingredient by ingredient, and it will figure out the nutrition info for the finished product. Going by both Amanda's modified point system and my daily caloric goal at thedailyplate.com, I have been doing pretty good ... umm ... yesterday and today. But now, the weekend is here, and I know that I lose a lot of ground on the weekends. I've been walking on our treadmill nearly every (erm week) day for the past 3 weeks, with a day or two of "Accelerated Body Sculpting" pilates thrown in. But I already walked on the treadmill today, which is better than I've done the past 2 Fridays, so I have hope!

Now, I'm off to enter the recipe for the bananas foster cheesecake I plan on making tomorrow, so that I can prove how terrible I am at diets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just found your blog because I was searching for good ways to log my foods; i like dailyplate and also have found www.fitday.com and www.fatsecret.com which are ace

thanks for post