Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas goodness!

My dear m-i-l, who pumped me for information without me even being aware of it, got me a gift certificate to knitpicks.com, and "Knitting Little Luxuries" by Louisa Harding (mostly because of the Diane Sweater, she admitted). I'm not a very feminine person, but the patterns in here are quite pretty. My favorite is the Embellished Elsie Mittens. Unfortunately, knitpicks does not have any ribbon yarn, but I got some soft baby alpaca/cashmere yarn with my gift card and it looks like I'll pay like, $1.99 for a skein of ribbon yarn at Hobby Lobby. I also got the yarn to make this purse that I've been drooling over for about a year, and I threw in the new Vogue Knitting Stitchionary for good measure. So, thank you, Mom!!

In honor of my husband's return from his two-week trip, I made this wonderful cheesecake on Saturday. Quite possibly the richest one I've ever made, but very yummy. Did I mention Kahlua?

Still two inches to go on the stupid sock. *sigh*

No comments: