Saturday, December 8, 2007

The last mile is the hardest...

Sock update: I have two inches left of foot, and then a toe and I'll be halfway done with my pair of socks. !!! I haven't picked the needles up in days. It might be next winter by the time I finish, at this rate. *sigh*

My husband is currently Away on Business, for two weeks. He's been gone for exactly 4 hours and I'm bored out of my MIND. The dumb part is, if he were here we wouldn't be out doing anything fun or exciting. I would still be sitting here in front of my computer, and he would be working on his computer or playing video games. The only difference is that now I should probably be slightly worried if I hear noises in our house that aren't made by me.

So far since dropping off Jason at the airport I have scrubbed the kitchen floor, made a pink lemonade cheesecake, braved the streets of Fargo for some shopping, and almost got hit by a bus. 13th Avenue was the busiest I've ever seen it, cars stopped behind green lights because there was no room for them to go forward, and this big bus was trying to pull out into the middle of it all. Yeah, right. So he starts inching out in front of me and I'm like, even if I stop, there is NOT going to be room for you to pull out in front of me because you're like, 80 feet long. So I kept going and he also kept going. At the last second I pulled over into the other lane, fortunately empty of other cars, and he honked at me like it was my fault. Whatever.

The object of my little shopping trip? "Crochet Me." I love two of the sweater patterns on the front cover, the teal wrap/shrug and the reddish brown spider webby looking one. The reason that I started knitting in the first place was, I could not find crochet patterns anywhere that I would actually wear. Meanwhile, over in Knitting Land, everything was beautiful and nothing was ugly or lame. (That statement may or may not be true .....) I'm not going to stop knitting, far from it. I just might actually use my many crochet hooks for something other than cheating when I pick up and knit.

No comments: