Thursday, December 13, 2007

Yum!!

I just made a really great supper, and I wanted to share it. I omitted the onion because with one exception I hate onions. I also cheated and used some frozen green, yellow and red peppers that I had in my freezer. The only thing I did wrong was not making sure that the brown sugar was dissolved all the way into the olive oil mixture. When I first mixed all the spices, the smell was not exactly appetizing, but the dish turned out excellent, and I hope that it tastes just as good tomorrow at lunch.

No progress on the socks. It struck me yesterday that Christmas is in like, less than two weeks. I'm unravelling a poncho type thing that I made out of silvery Moonlight Mohair, and crocheting some snowflake ornaments for my parents, to go along with the travel mugs that I stole from work and some mini pumpkin ginger streusel pies (the same pie that I made for Thanksgiving). I might also try my hand at some peanut brittle. My grandma always used to make some and send it to my dad, and she died this past spring so I think that he would appreciate the continuation of the tradition.

On a totally work-related note, if you ever call in sick, I hope that you do not find it necessary to describe all of your symptons in detail to whomever you're calling in to. As someone who talks to people who call in sick on a regular basis, I would like to say that I believe you! You don't have to detail your night spent in the bathroom/how gross your eye looks from the pink eye/any other "interesting" details of your sickness. It's not like I'm going to say, "You don't sound very sick, you had better come in today" unless you tell me exactly what color it is. Ok, end of disgusting rant. Hopefully more progress on the sock soon!

No comments: