Saturday, April 28, 2007

And some more


Arm warmers! I pictured myself wearing these on a slightly breezy summer evening, on the patio of my favorite restaurant. Then I actually wore them and discovered that it's rather difficult to eat and not get food on them. Cute, nonetheless. I made them in Paton's Classic Wool, just because it cost almost $9 for 50g of the Lion Cashmere, but only $5 for 100g of the Paton's. I'm nothing if not cheap.


The Brea bag from Berroco. I changed the decorative button to a clasp, and added a zipper. Not much else to say, except it was a pretty quick knit. Apparently, it's one of the more popular free patterns on the site.




This is a fun granny square purse that I crocheted, before I learned how to knit. I found it on a page of vintage knitting and crochet pattern links ("vintage," in this case means anything from the 1800's until the 1980's or so.). The page is still up, but all of the links to the patterns seem to have gone away, which is too bad. The original purse was crocheted in wonderfully garish shades of pink and orange and green.



1 comment:

Maggi said...

I like your arm warmer, actually like the thumbhole the best. But they are pretty. And I think the sweater is cute. You made it? Wow. I haven't even finished the dishrag I started last October. But then, we won't talk about projects I've started and have sitting somewhere, like Luke's afghan and the afghan that the first row is done for my MIL and. . . STOPSTOPSTOP!

But the sweater is neat, although your expression clearly says all yo think about it. I am amused.