Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ha!

The King of All Cosmos is laughing at me.

Remember how I said I wasn't having any major problems yet with the fuzzy green sweater? Oops. I needed to decrease almost half of the stitches, but not quite, and the count would end up being a little uneven. I need explicit decreasing instructions in cases like this, because I'm sort of lazy sometimes, and the ones I was given were rather vague. Not wanting to screw it up, I spent a good hour and a half trying to figure out what I needed to decrease where. And promptly screwed it up. I finally decided to stop worrying about it and went to bed, had nightmares, but woke up ready to tackle it again.

I do a lot of my web surfing using a nifty little toolbar called StumbleUpon, which searches for websites based on categories that you pick out, such as Knitting/Crochet or Satire. My first "stumble" brought me to a site that sells old McCall's patterns. Not very exciting, so I "stumbled" again, and immediately wanted to go back to bed for the rest of the week.

You've got to be freakin' kidding me.

So .... here I go again! Wish me luck.


**Edit**
The plot thickens! I discovered that the first of the 3 times that I knit and then ripped out the stupid thing, I was four stitches away from doing it exactly how the calculater told me to do it. Four stitches. In my defense, I was not able to see it at the time because I was blinded by frustration and slightly muddle-headed from rum. Right.

1 comment:

Emmet of Arolis said...

Pauly! I haven't talked to you in ages. Here's my lovely blog, which I need rather to update: http://emmetofarolis.blogspot.com/
~Christy/George/lots of other things