Thursday, April 26, 2007

Huzzah


These are some fuzzy bunnies I made for a co-worker who was having a baby. She didn't know if she was having a boy or a girl, so I made one in blue and one in pink. (The pattern can be found here.) The reaction at the baby shower when she opened the bag was life-affirming yet terrifiying. If you've never been in a room with 35 women all going "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" at the same time, you probably don't understand what I'm talking about. About the faces, in case you're wondering - it's not the picture, they just don't have faces. I left them off because I felt that they should be done in a soft gray rather than black as the pattern called for, and I didn't have any thread that color. Also, I finished the blue bunny about 15 minutes before I had to leave for the baby shower. On a totally unrelated note, holy crap, my fingernails are long in this picture!




Ugh. Not only did I not choose my yarn wisely, but I had not yet discovered the joys of blocking. The sweater also sat in a corner in the back of my closet for many months, which didn't help matters. It is much happier as a vicious polar bear. The pattern came from the Spring/Summer 2006 Vogue Knitting.



No comments: